My first jam game, finished 39th on #LOWREZJAM 2016!
Move, shoot, survive!
Yet Another Zombie Game is a wave based shooter game which plays in a dark scene where your only light source is your flash light!
You have an experimental energy based weapon FU-A1L, which can be upgraded with so called weapon mods which give your weapon different type of bullets!
But be careful, some of the upgrades are unknown and random! These random upgrades can be great or really bad! High risk, high reward? Or a huge failure? But in order to survive, you need to risk sometimes! Zombies and other creatures are coming in bigger number every wave and they're getting even faster and stronger!
Fortunately, upgrades and health can be found at the marked places after each wave! You decide to pick up a weapon randomiser or stay with your current trusted (but maybe obsolete) weapon mod!
Recommended to play in full screen mode with headphones!
WASD / xinput left stick - move
Mouse / xinput right stick - aim
Mouse left button / left shoulder: primary fire (uses more energy)
Mouse right button / right shoulder: secondary fire (uses little energy, weak)
Mouse wheel / shoulder buttons - flash light angle
F - Fullscreen toggle
Version historyPlanned for later versions
- Higher resolution
- More enemy types
- Boss fight
- Online scoreboard
Second version in the voting session
- Added weapon status bars so you can see what your weapon mod can do!
- Fixed pause screen (didn't work after resizing window)
- LOTS of new zombies!
- More balanced gameplay
- Better drop spawn placement (more random, but more chance to drop close to you)
- Fixed weapon knock back (now different weapons have different knockback strength)
- Some minimal improvements on shadows (Thanks to JackOatley for the suggestion)
- Mouse locked within window, no more annoying clicking outside (Thanks to neiti for the suggestion!)
- Other miscellaneous things
First version in the voting session
- Added lots of menus
- Gameplay is written in the game
- Little introduction was added
- Added a menu to see the controls (for both keyboard and X360 controllers)
- Totally reworked enemy spawn system (less predictable)
- Brand new menu graphics with full title and highscore in right bottom corner
- May contain glitches
Final version before the #LOWREZJAM 2016 voting session started
- 3 enemy types
- Multiple weapon modifications (including a special randomizer!)
- Pause menu (glitchy graphics in fullscreen)
- Infinite, progressively difficult waves
- Adjustable flashlight angle
- Stores highest score
Important note: The game wasn't 100% finished for the jam, which means I try to finish it and fix some of its problems. Any kind of feedbacks to improve the game would be highly appreciated!